Stroke continues to be the third leading cause of death in the United States, after heart disease and cancer. There are over 750,000 new strokes yearly, resulting in approximately 150,000 to 200,000 deaths.
Risk factors for stroke include:
- Hypertension (elevated blood pressure)
- Metabolic syndrome
There is an emerging body of evidence, along with front-line clinical experience that supports taking an integrative/functional medical approach to the prevention and treatment of cerebrovascular disease including stroke. The components of this type of approach include:
- An anti-inflammatory eating program
- Blood sugar control
- Maintaining appropriate weight
- Omega 3 fish oil
- Vitamin E
- B vitamins
- Vitamin D
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Green tea extracts
- Regular exercise – 200 minutes each week
- Low dose aspirin may be beneficial in select cases (best taken at bedtime)
The Wycoff Wellness approach is one that aims to restore normal function.
Please browse our web site for more specific details about our approach and program or call today to schedule your initial visit and consultation!