Depression and anxiety are one of the most common issues that patient seek medical attention. Often specific terms such as major depression disorder, bipolar disorder, Dysthymia, obsessive-compulsive disorder or generalized anxiety disorder are provided more as descriptive terms than diagnostic terms.
Conventional medicine will typically prescribe one or more of a number of antidepressant or antipsychotic medications to help patients deal with these symptoms. Seldom is any underlying cause sought out to help the patient improve.
At Wycoff Wellness we take a different approach. We utilize a bigger “tool box” in our practice and have a number of specific tests and treatments to improve your mood symptoms.
A number of medical issues are associated with depression and anxiety including:
- Hormone imbalance
- Vitamin/mineral/nutrient deficiencies
- Food allergies
- Adrenal fatigue
- Medication side effects
- Neurotransmitter deficiency or imbalance
Wycoff Wellness has a number of unique tests that can help sort out the cause of your mood disorder symptoms including:
- Saliva hormone testing (sex hormones & adrenal hormone testing)
- Vitamin/mineral/nutrient testing (NutrEval or SpectraCell Micronutrient Test)
- Neurotransmitter Assessment (urine & saliva samples)
- Biomedical testing
- Gastrointestinal testing
- Food & pollen allergy evaluation
The Wycoff Wellness approach emphasizes natural solutions and centers around the following principles:
- Find and treat the identified causes of your symptoms
- Lifestyle modifications
- Correct diet
- Reduce sugar and simple carbohydrates
- First Line Therapy (Mediterranean Diet)
- Appropriate exercise
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Correct diet
- Appropriate supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Folic Acid
- Neurotransmitter support
- Ginkgo Biloba
The Wycoff Wellness approach is comprehensive and will help improve your depression and anxiety symptoms naturally!