Depression and anxiety are two of the most common issues for which patients seek medical attention. Often specific terms such as major depression disorder, bipolar disorder, Dysthymia, obsessive-compulsive disorder or generalized anxiety disorder are used to described the symptoms.
Most individuals tend to fluctuate from one subtype of another. Conventional medicine will typically prescribe one or more of a number of antidepressant or antipsychotic medications to help patients deal with the symptoms. Seldom is any underlying cause sought out to help the patient improve.
At Wycoff Wellness we take a different approach. We utilize a bigger “tool box” in our practice and have a number of specific tests and treatments to improve your mood symptoms.
A number of medical issues are associated with depression and anxiety including:
- Hormone imbalance
- Vitamin/mineral/nutrient deficiencies
- Food allergies
- Adrenal fatigue
- Medication side effects
- Neurotransmitter deficiency or imbalance
Wycoff Wellness has a number of unique tests that can help sort out the cause of your mood disorder symptoms including:
- Saliva hormone testing (sex hormones & adrenal hormone testing)
- Vitamin/mineral/nutrient testing (NutrEval or SpectraCell Micronutrient Test)
- Neurotransmitter Assessment (urine & saliva samples)
- Biomedical testing
The Wycoff Wellness Center’s approach emphasizes natural solutions and centers around the following principles:
- Find and treat the identified causes of your symptoms
- Lifestyle modifications
- Correct diet
- Reduce sugar and simple carbohydrates
- First Line Therapy (Mediterranean Diet)
- Appropriate exercise
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Correct diet
- Appropriate supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Folic Acid
- Neurotransmitter support
- Ginkgo Biloba
The Wycoff Wellness approach is comprehensive and will help improve your depression and anxiety symptoms naturally!